Monday 29 June 2009

Fairmont Hotel

Time flies and today is our anniversary. We went for a free trial spa at True Spa at Cuppage Terrace first. We had a 30min trial but I don't find the masseur skillful. Well, good things ain't free of charge. As usual, after the trial session, the sales promoter will psycho us into signing on to the packages but we insisted.

We had another staycation in Singapore again since it's hard for YQ to take leave. As usual, it's me who did the research again. I chose Fairmont as the hotel is having promotion and is the cheapest at $164 nett after service charge and GST. But we end up paying $342. I was quite unhappy with YQ about this as I have researched on the cheapest deal and yet he booked it even though this promotion is not available on the day that we are staying. He thought that I liked this hotel so he booked it even though it was expensive. Should I be angry or not?

The check in process was a breeze and we were given a room at the South Tower. North Tower view is nicer as the sea-views room are located there.
Nice volvo sport car
Checking in
Lobby
We are staying at South tower
The room that we are staying

The room was huge compared to Hotel Re! There is a lounge chair and working desk inside the room. Although there are ample of space to move around, the facilities are a bit old. I was able to see from the naked eye that the lounge chair and the carpet are dirty. YQ has requested the room to be decorated with flower pedals and the hotel also give us a box of chocolates. It's me who told him to request for this as I read in a forum that someone has requested this for her gf birthday. =p

The only thing that I like in this room is the rain shower. It's huge compared to our normal shower. We spent a while figuring out how to turn on the shower and even call the room service for help. I like the massaging effect of the rain shower. SHIOK!
Saw the red rose hidden between the pillows?

Superior room

Love shaped petals

Complimentary Chocolates

Remote control

Wardrobe

Minibar

Bathrobes


Shower & Bathtub

Toiletries

Rain shower

Raffles Hotel

View from the balcony


YQ has made a reservation at My Secret Garden for dinner. I like the name of the restaurant and it's indeed surrounded by tall buildings that give it a bit of secrecy. The restaurant was featured on City Beat and Sweet for my sweet.

My Secret Garden

Aint the * heavy?

I like this swing

Interior of the restaurant

The menu

Happy Anniversary

We ordered Lobster Bisque which contains XO and lobster meat. I don't really like the strong smell of the XO in the soup. We also ordered Baked bruschetta which was recommended in a variety show starring Patty Hou and Tanya Chua. I like the crispiness of the bruschetta which is not too dry. I ordered Cilantro Chicken while YQ ordered Crayfish and Scallop Spaghetti. Guess what, mine taste nicer than YQ. Haha...

Lobster Bisque

Baked bruschetta

Cilantro Chicken

Crayfish and Scallop Spaghetti

After having our dinner, we head to Clarke Quay for the Singapore River Festival 2009. Well, I didnt know about the inaugural 2008 Singapore River Festival hence this is my first time attending it. We parked the car at Central. I wondered who designed this stupid carpark? We had to go round n round until the 5th level, even the driver commented that he feel a bit giddy.

We walked to Read Bridge to catch the Read Bridge Spectacular. I was expecting aerial acrobatics which was featured on the brochures but there isn't such performance today. We walked back to Central to catch the The Impossible Record: 2 Illusionists, 5 Minutes, 1 World Record. As the Central Promenade was flooded with people, we catch the live show on the TV inside Central.

Colourful Read Bridge

The Impossible Record: 2 Illusionists, 5 Minutes, 1 World Record

By the time we went back to the hotel, it's almost 11pm. I was tired and had a warm bath before turning in.

Night view from the room

Our anniversary cake and champagne

Wake up around 9plus and had MacDonald for breakfast as breakfast was not included. We packed our things after we had our breakfast and check out around 11plus.

No comments: