Saturday 20 February 2010

Army Museum & Discovery Centre

When YQ told me that he is bringing me to Army Museum, I scratched my head and wondered "Is there such a museum in Singapore"? I google and found that there is indeed a Army museum in Singapore. It is located at 520 Upper Jurong Road and is beside Singapore Discovery Centre.
Direction to Army Museum
Who is YQ aiming at?
Singapore Discovery Centre at the backgroundMy turn to pose

The admission fee for adults is S$5 but it's free for NSF, NS men, SAF regulars. For wkends, they can bring up to 4 guest for free. Other than both of us, I saw another couple who are the only visitors in the museum.
Entrance tag
Uniform in the past
Antique radio
Oops... Is YQ talking to the past?
Are NSF feeling nostalgic on this photo?
Mindef car plate
M16
Camoflage
Real helicopter
Spot the colour code name tag?
Colour code denotes the language proficiency


Gifts from different countries

We spent at most an hour in Army Museum and left. I don't think I will return to the Army Museum in the near future unless there is new exhibitions. For those who have not visit this place before, can combine the Army Museum and Singapore Discover Centre and spend about half a day there.

We strolled along the sheltered walkway to Singapore Discovery Centre. There are few package and we bought the SDC Admission package which cost $8.50 after discount (15% discount for PAssion card member). This package comprise of Centre Admission, Complimentary SAFTI bus tour and ONE Complimentary 3D iWERKS movie. Currently there are 3 moviesw screening, 3D Avatar, Percy Jackson and the lighting thief and 3D Wild Ocean. We watched Wild Ocean as we have seen the first two movies before. This is quite a nice movie about man and nature that captures one of the world's greatest spectacles. I'm really amazed on how they manage to film the whales, sharks, gannets, dolphins and sardines at such a close distance.

Interesting facts about Singapore


Boat pedaling in the lakeSlogan of Singapore Discover Centre
Hmm... What are the Ulu things I don't know?

Can you read them out?
Our reflection
Singapore Tidbit 365 Exhibition
Am I a so Singaporean?
So many can
Do you know?

Gigantic globe
I'm the strong soldier
He's the bald soldier
HDB quota
Symbols of different religion

No comments: