Wednesday 31 December 2008

Ho Chi Minh City trip - Epilogue

I should tell myself that I'm very lucky that I can visit Taiwan and HCMC this year. Had done research on these 2 places before but the trip was abondoned due to various reason.

This is the first trip that I went with YQ. Everything was planned by me from booking the tickets, booking the hotel accomodation, liasing with Saigon Hotpot, the itinerary and the research. I did discuss with YQ on some of the things like which hotel to book, where to go etc. Until now, all the trips I went to are all planned by me, when can I have someone to plan it for me? Was quite angry with YQ before the trip bcos he volunteered to help me out on sorting the list of good food and yet he didnt get it done after a month, so in the end, it's me who did it. We did talk about going Europe previously and I think I'll withdraw first due to the intense research I had to do.

What leaves a deep impression in me is the taxi, the traffic, the cheap cab fare, nice food and cheap massage. In the future, if I visit HCMC again, I would use it to as a stepping stone to places like Mekong Delta, Vung Tau, Mui Ne and Dalat. I would also like to explore the Northern part of Vietnam and see what is the difference between the Northern and the Southern part.
In my opinion, Fu from Saigon Hotpot isn't really a "qualified" tour guide. He only brought us around but there was no history or introduction on the places we visited. Hence his presence is only to help us take photo and tell the taxi driver the destination in Vietnamese.

>>Useful links

No comments: