Sunday, 22 December 2013

Golden Palm Resort trip – 22 Dec 13

We woke up at 8am for breakfast. I have read online reviews advise having breakfast before 9am as food may not be replenish.
Sunrise view

We waited for the buggy for about 5min as there are quite a number of guests waiting too. By the time we reach Sepoi Sepoi Cafe for breakfast, it's already full house and the resort staff direct us to the convention hall. We were one of the first to have breakfast here and soon it was fully seated.
Convention Hall

The breakfast variety is quite a good spread but the quality of the food is so so only.
Breakfast spread

After breakfast, we went back to our villa to relax. Some of us watched TV while hubby went to gym for workout. We checked out at 10am and stop at Malacca for lunch enroute to Singapore.
Group photo

Finally we reach Malacca Peranakan Restoran (Add: No 107, Jalan Tun Tan Cheng Lock,, 75200 Malacca, Malaysia) at 1.30pm . Although google map estimate 2 hours journey time, we spent quite some time stuck in the traffic jam when entering Malacca Historial area.
Peranakan Restoran

We ordered Ayam Rendang, Beef Rendang, Ayam Buah Keluak, Sambal Sotong, Otak, Kangkong Balachan, Chendol and drinks. This meal cost RM79 ~ S$31 for 4 pax which is relatively cheap. However I find that the standard has drop and it's not as tasty as 3 years ago when I dine here. Well, I shall try out other Peranakan restaurants the next visit.
Peranakan food

We dropped by Nadeje for their famous crepe cake. As all of us are still full after lunch, we bought the cakes back to Singapore. We bought a cooler bag for RM7.50 which can contains 12 pieces of cake and ice is provided. Each piece of crepe cake cost RM9.90 ~ S$4 which is definitely cheaper than those sold in Singapore. I personally find that the crepe cakes are over rated after eating them.
Crepe cakes

We were stuck in traffic jam from Malacca to Ayer Keroh toll exit for almost half an hour. The journey back to Sultan Abu Bakar CIQ Complex at the Second Link was pretty smooth. Hubby stopped at the petrol station before the checkpoint to pump petrol and we have a close shave. Hubby couldn't start his car after he has finished pumping petrol and we asked a Malay Singaporean who is pumping petrol behind us for help. He lend us his car to reignite the car battery but hubby still couldn't start his car. Luckily the petrol attendant drove his car over and he step on the accelerator and hubby could start his car! Phew, all of us were almost resigned to waiting for the tow car service. We are very lucky as we saw two cars broke down at the Malaysia checkpoint and nobody offer to help them. Finally we cleared Singapore custom at 7.30pm.

No comments: