Thursday 22 May 2014

Shantou trip – Prologue

My father-in-law has long to return to his birth place Chaozhou and asked me to keep a look out for cheap airticket to Shantou. Jetstar was offering "Fly and return for free" promotion and return airfare to Shantou cost S$227.

Shantou 汕头 also known as Swatow is where most Singapore Teochew's ancestor came from. Shantou is a prefecture level city located in China Guangdong province. Hubby and I decided to accompany my FIL back to China. The main purpose of this trip is to visit the relatives of my FIL and we will only be spending 4 days in Shantou hence I do not have to plan itinerary at all.

Initially I have booked the hotel accommodation but after my FIL has contacted his relatives there, we will be staying at their house instead.
Map of Shantou

No comments: