Friday 30 January 2015

Bangkok trip – Prologue

Bangkok has become a yearly shopping destination for me. When Tiger Airways released the first 10 cents destination to Bangkok, I couldn't resist the offer and went to checked it out. A return ticket including tax adds up to S$118.10. In my opinion, ticket below $130 to Bangkok is consider cheap. I was using iphone Tiger Airway app to check the dates and to my horror, the ticket were snap up very fast and those dates and timing which I wanted was gone in minutes. I was left disappointed but it turn out to be a blessing in disguise as their last 10 cents destination is also Bangkok. As I was in office at the time of promotion, I was able to use my office PC which is much faster than iphone 4G service and booked the tickets easily. I choose to fly on Saturday morning and return on Sunday to maximise this weekend shopping trip. 

As we will only be staying one night in Bangkok, I have booked Grand Millennium Sukhumvit Bangkok, courtesy of hubby's Amex complimentary Millennium Hotels and Resorts one night stay.

Itinerary for this trip:
Day 1: Reach Bangkok @ 10.55am, Shopping @ Chatuchak, Massage @ Ruen Nuad
Day 2: Shopping @ Platinium Mall, Depart Bangkok @ 6.10pm

Budget for this trip is S$400:
- S$35 for transport
- S$30 for meals
- S$35 for massage
- S$300 for shopping

No comments: