Thursday 30 July 2015

Langkawi trip – Prologue

Although I have been cutting down on my travel trips this year as we are saving for our new house, I just couldn't resist when there is airfare promotion. Currently Tiger is having attractive return trip promotion and a return trip to Langkawi cost S$85. I just have to take half day leave since the flight is in the late afternoon and by Sunday evening, I will be back in Singapore.

The main purpose for revisiting Langkawi is to add on my current miniature liquor collection as Langkawi is a duty free island and liquor is extremely cheap. Furthermore visiting the suspension bridge is in my list as it was closed when we were there 4 years ago. Hubby's friend Jacky and Melody will be travelling with us.

I have booked 2 nights stay at Adya Hotel in Kuah which cost RM225 ~ S$83 per night including breakfast. Adya Hotel just open in Jan 2015 hence it's relatively new. In fact, I wanted to book those beach resort but a night stay cost at least S$200 upwards which is expensive!

We will be renting a car from the airport upon arrival. It's much cheaper to rent a car than hiring a taxi in Langkawi. A day of car rental range from RM50 - 80.

Itinerary for this trip:
Day 1: Reach @ 5.20pm, Massage @ Yuan Spa, Walk around @ Resort World Langkawi
Day 2: Langkawi cable car, Afternoon tea @ Danna Langkawi Straits & Co, Sunset @ Tanjong Rhu
Day 3: Eagle Square, Walk around Pantai Tengah and Pantai Cenang beach, Shop at Pantai Cenang, Massage @ Yuan Spa, Depart @ 6pm

Budget for this trip is S$600:
- S$80 for accommodation
- S$20 for car rental & petrol
- S$20 for admission
- S$150 for meals
- S$130 for massage
- S$200 for shopping

>>Day 1: 31 Jul 15

No comments: