Wednesday 23 December 2015

Phu Quoc trip - Prologue

At first, I was planning where to go for 2016 Good Friday and I saw cheap ticket to Phu Quoc. Then it came to my mind to check out the ticket for 2015 Xmas or 2016 New Year. I did a check and return ticket cost S$156 during the Xmas. I booked without any hesitation as it's a steal to get such cheap ticket during this super peak period. My colleague Lilian and her hubby booked their tickets separately after I shared with her this promotion and they will be travelling together with us.

Vietnam Airline has launched the flight to Phu Quoc back in Sep 2014 and I was tempted that time as new launch route is usually cheaper. However the dates does not suit me so I decided to gave it a miss. Currently only Vietnam Airlines has direct flight to Phu Quoc and the frequency is twice a week, Thu and Sun. The flight departs on Thu 2.50pm and returns on Sun which means I do not need to apply leave at all! 

Phu Quoc is Vietnam's largest island and home to the best Fish sauce (nuoc mam) in the world, also reputedly known to produce high quality pepper and fantastic seafood. It is a fast growing tourism destination and is still what Phuket would be, if it hadn't been overrun by development.

Few days before the trip, I did a quick and brief research on Phu Quoc and was shocked to read on tripadvisor that the flight from SIN to Phu Quoc was terminated due to poor demand. I did not received emails from Vietnam airlines informing me on the cancellation of flights at all so I quickly called up Vietnam airlines office to check. Phew, our flight was not cancelled but was chartered instead which explains the change in flight number.
Map of Phu Quoc (http://discoverphuquoc.com)

I have booked Daisy Resort standard bungalow with garden view for 3 nights through Agoda. I have tried to book directly with Daisy Resort but the rate is much cheaper by booking through Agoda which cost $240 for 3 nights stay. Although Daisy Resort does not have it's own beach front, they provide complimentary airport shuttle services, shuttle service to sister's beach resort, breakfast included and Xmas eve BBQ dinner included which make up for it.

Itinerary for this trip:
Day 1: Reach @ 3.45pm (GMT+7)
Day 2: Rest and relax
Day 3: Land tour
Day 4: Depart @ 11am (GMT+7)

Budget for this trip:
- S$250 for accommodation
- S$50 for transport
- S$100 for meals
- S$50 for massage
- S$50 for local tour
>>Day 1: 24 Dec 15

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Jerlin,

Very informative and inspiring travel blog! I have added your blog to my list of Singapore Travel Blogs. Happy traveling! :-)