Tuesday 24 May 2016

Bali trip – Prologue

I always have a soft spot for Bali and it's one of the destination which I do not mind to visit repeatedly. I happen to see KLM promotion to Bali @ $149 which is a steal compared to SQ promo price which is at least $220+. Hubby's friend Jacky and his girlfriend Melody will be joining us too.

There is only one daily KLM flight from Singapore to Bali thus we will have 3 full days in Bali. I choose to return on Sat as there is no promo fare on Sun. Seats selection is available when booking the flight and I opt to pay by NETS as there is admin charge for credit card payment mode.

As this is my 3rd time visit to Bali, I decided to skip the southern part which is famous for the beaches and head straight to Lovina in the north for dolphin watching. I have plan to do tubing in Ubud on the last day but the hotel is unable to accommodate us for late check out so I shall keep it for my next Bali trip. 

As the journey to the northern part of Bali takes 3hr, I decided to break our accommodation stay at Lovina and Ubud so that we do not have to spend so much time travelling to the airport on the last day. For the first 2 nights, we will be staying at Pandawa Village in Lovina. As Lovina area is not as developed as the southern area nor Ubud, the choice of accommodation is more limited. I choose not to stay at the beach front resort as the beaches in Lovina are not as spectacular as the beaches in the south. We will be staying at Tebasaya Cottage in Ubud for the last night. It's a relatively new hotel opened in Dec 2014 and I like the fact that there are only 12 rooms in the hotel which offers an intimate and personalised experience.

Itinerary for this trip:
Day 1: Reach Bali @ 7.25pm (GMT +8) and check in to Pandawa Village
Day 2: Banjar temple, Beji temple and Meduwe Karang temple, Rest and Relax
Day 3: Dolphin watching, check into Ubud Tebesaya cottage, Rest & Relax, Dinner @ The Samaya Ubud Swept Away
Day 4: Rest & Relax, Departs Bali @ 8.40pm


>>Day 1: 25 May 16

No comments: