Friday 23 December 2016

Penang & Ipoh trip – Prologue

I was thinking of escaping from Singapore during the Xmas long weekend and hubby agreed with my road trip suggestion to Ipoh. Thus I asked my sis while hubby asked his friend Samuel to join us for this road trip.

Initially I only planned to visit Ipoh but was extended to 4 days to includes Penang as Samuel has not been to Penang. I was contemplating to start our trip at Penang or Ipoh. After some thoughts and research, I decided to start from Penang and end the trip at Ipoh as it makes sense to travel further first.

I have booked the first 2 nights accommodation at Chulia Mansion in Penang and the last night at French Hotel in Ipoh. I choose to stay in these 2 hotels as they are located in Georgetown and Ipoh town respectively and the main factor is the carpark since we are driving. Chulia Mansion has it's own carpark and French hotel provides complimentary parking at a guarded car park which is 2min walking distance away.

I have used the Plus Toll calculator to calculate the North-South expressway toll and is fairly accurate. As this is a foodie road trip, the attractions which we will visiting is limited.

Itinerary for this trip:

Day 1: SIN -> Penang, Upside Down museum
Day 2: Kek Lok Si Temple, Penang Hill
Day 3: Perak Tong Temple, Kek Lok Tong, Sam Poh Tong Temple, Kellie Castle
Day 4: Ipoh -> SIN

>>Day 1: 24 Dec 16

No comments: