Thursday 26 January 2017

Bangkok trip – Prologue

It has been almost 2 years since I last visited Bangkok. When MOM release the list of 2017 public holidays, Chinese New Year falls on a long weekend so I checked out the airfare of various airlines. I booked Tiger airway ticket as it's the cheapest @ $230 which includes 15kg and 25kg checked in luggage to be shared with hubby. This price is consider cheap during the peak holiday season although this can't be compared to those <$150 which I bought in the past during non peak period. Few days before departure, the airfare has soar to $700+ which is triple the price which I have booked 10 months ago.

I wanted to book the Lemontea Hotel which is popular with Singaporeans but it was fully booked hence I settled for Spenza Hotel, a nearby hotel which open it's door in Oct 16.

This trip is mainly a shopping trip and on top of the usual places such as Chatuchak and Platinum Mall which we visited every time, I have included few other shopping places since we are spending more days for this trip.

Itinerary for this trip:
Day 1: Reach Bangkok @ 5.35pm (GMT +7), Talad Rot Fai Ratchada
Day 2: Chatuchak Market, ArtBox Chatuchak Park, JJ Green Night Market
Day 3: Terminal 21 Shopping Mall, Central World, Big C Supermarket, Talad Rot Fad Srinakarin
Day 4: Platinum Mall
Day 5: Depart Bangkok @ 6.15pm (GMT +7)

Budget for this trip is $1,000:
- S$150 for accommodation
- S$70 for transport
- S$130 for meals
- S$100 for massage
- S$550 for shopping

>>Day 1: 27 Jan 17



4 comments:

Unknown said...

The best post!! The way you explanations, hat off!!, your time consuming research in post is much appreciated. Keep it up!

spartan said...

Hi! Can I ask how is Spenza Hotel?
Thinking of booking it for my Bkk trip as well haha.
Thanks ^^

Jerlin Tan said...

Hi KX,

I wldnt really recommend Spenza Hotel as there is a weird smell in the room, although the hotel staff spray the air freshener, the smell is still there. We tried to change room but they told us that the rooms are fully booked. Actually I wanted to stay at Lemontea Hotel which has better reviews but it's fully book.

Nicole ShinyVisa said...

I just came back from Bangkok last week. Had a great holiday over there. Stayed in baiyoke sky, hansa bangkok house and asoke residences in Bangkok. :)

https://www.shinyvisa.com/hansa-bangkok-house/