Thursday 14 September 2017

Royal Caribbean Mariner of the Seas Cruise – Prologue

Royal Caribbean was celebrating it's 10th year anniversary with several promotions from $10 cruise for 2nd guest, $10 kids fare to $10 free upgrade to balcony and 4-to-go specials. I asked my parents if they are interested since we have not been to a cruise before. I went down to the roadshow at Raffles City to enquire for more information. The cheapest package is $269 + taxes $136 but there is only one departure date 19 Mar 18. The $10 for 2nd guest promotion cost around $450 per pax and there are several departure dates in Sep & Oct 17. 

I booked Royal Caribbean Mariner of the Seas Interior Stateroom M 3 Nights cruise to Port Klang. I decide not to stay in the balcony room as we will not be staying inside the room most of the time. The interior stateroom comes with 2 twin beds/ one king bed configuration and I have requested for twin beds and connecting rooms. The dinner time has to be decided when booking and I have chosen 5.30pm as I find the 8.30pm timing too late for my parents.

I was highlighted a few essential information by the sales person during booking:

- The currency used onboard is USD or we can charge our onboard expenses to credit card which has to be provided during the online check in.
- Bring your own travel adapter as power sockets are North American standard
- Bring your own toothpaste and toothbrush and socks for activities as these are not provided
- Bring a formal attire for the formal night dinner
- Check in time from 11.30am - 3.30pm and there is designated check in time for respective deck. Rooms will be available after 1pm and lunch is available on the 1st sailing day

The online check in email was sent to me more than a month before sailing date and I completed it and printed out the SetSail Pass and luggage tag. The online check in closes 3 days prior to sailing date.

I find that going on cruise is hassle free as there is no accommodation and itinerary planning required after booking the cruise. However I will not take cruise to a particular destination for holiday as the sailing time is long and docking time is short.

No comments: