Saturday 10 August 2019

Fiji trip – Prologue

I saw Fiji airway having promotion to Nadi from S$561 and was tempted. It's very cheap as the flight time from Singapore to Nadi is 10 hours which is almost equivalent to flight time from Singapore to Southern Europe. There are only 2 flights weekly on Sat and Mon hence the minimum travel date is at least a week. We choose to fly out on Sat night and return on Mon morning which give us 8 full days in Fiji. I'll be travelling with my sis, my ex-colleague Inez and her friend Victor.
Map of Fiji (Source: Lonely Planet)

I didn't know that Fiji is actually quite an expensive place until I start to research on the accommodation. A night at the beach resort starts from at least US$200 a night. I decided to stay at Airbnb in Nadi instead of resorts since we will be pack with activities during the day. The Airbnb which I have booked comes with swimming pool and jacuzzi. The bungalow cost S$883 for 8 nights which is very reasonable. The location is within 10 min drive from Nadi airport and amenities such as supermarkets, restaurants, cinema, pharmacy and bars/night clubs.

I'm spoilt for choice as Fiji is full of outdoor activities. I found this website useful as there are detailed reviews about the activities which the blogger has done. After reading, I listed down those I'm interested in and fit the activities into my itinerary. I booked most of the tour with the respective official website except South Sea Island tour and Whalestale which I booked from Bookme.com as the rates can be as cheap as 50% of the original price. At first, I'm sceptical about the legitimacy of Bookme but after reading positive reviews from tripadvisor, I feel assured and proceed to make the necessary booking. After booking with bookme, it's actually the respective tour i.e. South Sea Island tour and Whalestale which will liaise with me directly.

Itinerary for this trip: 
Day 1: Reach Nadi @ 11am GMT +12, Chill out @ Denarau
Day 3: Tandem Skydive Fiji, Sabeto Hot Springs
Day 7: Zipline Nadi
Day 8: Whalestale
Day 9: Depart Nadi @ 11.40am GMT +12

Budget for this trip S$2,000: 
- S$220 for accommodation 
- S$80 for transport 
- S$1,500 for activities
- S$300 for food 
- S$100 for miscellaneous

No comments: