Tuesday 1 February 2011

Bangkok trip - Prologue

Since 2011 Chinese New Year falls on Thu & Fri, this means there is a long CNY weekend. It's a bit difficult to travel F&E during CNY as those places with Chinese will surely be affected. After discussing with my sis, we decided to travel to Bangkok since majority of Thais dont celebrate CNY.

As usual, there are no cheap air ticket during CNY. I booked the ticket when it was released in March last year. This is the first time that I departs and returns via two different airlines. The departure flight is AirAsia while the return flight is Jetstar. AirAsia tix cost $95 while the Jetstar tix cost $134. Haiz... I booked the wrong timing for the return flight and has to pay $50 more to change it. How come I am so blur when booking the airtix? @_@ Luckily it's only me and my sis who are affected as I separated the booking for my parents since they dont require check-in luggage.

Similar to my Dec Bangkok trip, I'll be staying at Take A Nap Hostel. This time round, I booked quad rooms and we will be staying in 3 different theme rooms for 4 nights. Each room cost THB2,000 ~S$87 per night.

As mentioned in Dec Bangkok trip, I have reserved those temples in Bangkok for this trip. Since my parents are travelling with us, it would be better if we just concentrate on Bangkok itself. I arranged the temples visit on Day 2 & 3 and left Day 4 for shopping as Day 4 is a Sat.

Itinerary for this trip:
Day 1: Arrive in Bangkok at 10pm (GMT +7)
Day 2: Grand Palace, Wat Phra Kaew, Wat Pho, Wat Arun & Dinner Cruise
Day 3: Dusit Palace, Pratunam & Platinium Mall
Day 4: Chatuchak Market, Suan Lum Night Market
Day 5: Depart for 1.45pm flight (GMT +7)

Budget for this trip is S$500:
- S$100 for accomodation
- S$80 for transport
- S$20 for admission ticket
- S$100 for meals
- S$200 for shopping

No comments: