Thursday 15 May 2014

Bangkok trip – Prologue

Bangkok is a yearly shopping destination for Singaporean and I'm one of them. Bangkok is a doable weekend destination but there is usually no cheap airfare over the weekend. I saw Scoot having 50% boxing day promotion to all destination and a return ticket to Bangkok cost S$121 including taxes. Without any hesitation, I asked hubby and we quickly settled on the travel dates. But to my horror, I realised that the travelling date is the same as Shantou trip after few days. I checked how much was the amendment fee and it cost S$55 for change of date and fare difference top up. I calculated that it's not worth amending the ticket hence I decided to forgo this ticket.

Few weeks later, Scoot was having $20 promotion to celebrate that it has flown 2 million passengers and it adds up to $159.29 after taxes and credit card surcharge. For this promotion, the offline payment mode is not available hence the fee of $18 per pax ($9 per leg) cannot be saved. I have chosen offline payment mode for the previous promotion as it was available and the payment mode at Singpost is either cash or NETS. It looks like credit card payment is only applicable for Jetstar booking at Singpost.

Scoot hand carry baggage is limit to one baggage at 7kg (+3kg allowance if a laptop is carried). I didn't know that there is an option to choose baggage for each passenger until my colleague told me later. Hence choose the "Fly" option instead of the "Fly bag" option and choose the check in baggage at the next page.

I decided to utilise my Amex complimentary Millennium Hotels and Resorts one night stay at Grand Millennium Sukhumvit Bangkok. I wanted to use it for Staycation in Singapore but the complimentary stay can only be used overseas at selected destination. We will only be paying for one night stay since the other night is complimentary. Furthermore, I am entitled to a complimentary room upgrade for the stay as I have joined the M&C Loyalty Club. =)

This is purely a shopping, massage and makan trip as there is not enough time to visit any attractions.

Itinerary for the trip:
Day 1: Reach Bangkok @ 6.55pm (GMT+7), shopping at Naraya Central World & Big C Supermarket
Day 2: Shopping @ Chatuchak and Union Mall
Day 3: Shopping @ Platinium Mall

Budget for the trip is $400:
- Accommodation $100
- Transport $30
- Meals $70
- Massage $50
- Shopping $250

No comments: