Saturday, 1 January 2011

Bangkok trip – 1 Jan 11

After our breakfast, we went back to our room to pack before checking out at around 11am. We ask the receptionist to help us write the airport in Thai and also how to pronounce it (pronounce as "Soo-va-na-poon"). We manage to flag a cab on the road without much difficulty. The driver ask us whether we want to go by toll to the airport and we say ok.
Lebua hotel in the background
Airport from a distance

We reach the airport within half an hour and the taxi fare is much more cheaper than the one we took from airport to hotel. The taxi fare is THB340 ~ S$14 and toll fee of THB45 ~ S$2
Photos of the Thai King
I like this cicular entrance but too bad the door doesnt turn
Thailand is land of smile
Monk relic

We decided to check in more than 2hr before the flight since the check-in counters are open. Suvarnabhumi airport is really huge so it's advisable to check-in early.
Our luggages didnt exceed the total weight limit
Sealable bag are available in the airport
Checking the lounge
Scene of the churning of the milk ocean
There are water coolers in the transit area
Such a huge mentos and lollipop

It took us at least 15min to walk from the immigration area to the gate. Hence it advisable to check in early to ensure sufficient time for boarding. As our gate for boarding is at concourse F, we have our lunch at CIP First Class Lounge.
Inside the lounge

There are not many people inside the lounge, most likely it because this is a first class lounge. The food variety here is much much more than the Skyview lounge. There is even ice cream here. =p
Spread of food

Soup and salad
Variety of liquor
Soft drinks and ice cream
Some of the food we ate
Another souvenir shop

There is wireless internet access in the airport but need to get the password from the information counter. This is so troublesome. =(
Wireless internet access password
Red cosy sofa
Concourse F
Waiting for the plane
View of the airport from the plane
Bye bye Bangkok, I'll be back

The journey is ~ 2hr and we were so tired that we slept throughout the journey.
Welcome back to Singapore

No comments: