Saturday 5 February 2011

Bangkok trip – 5 Feb 11

Today itinerary is also shopping! My dad remained in the hotel as he is still recovering from diarrhoea. We bought porridge for his lunch before we went out. It's almost 11plus when we reached Chatuchak and most of the shops are already open.

We had pork leg rice for lunch. It's the same place where I had it last Dec. The weather is unbearable hot and we had ice stick and ice-cream after our meal.
Pork leg rice
7-up ice stick
Coconut ice cream

Previously, there is only peanut topping but there are 3 - 4 choices of topping now.
New toppings

We came across a shop - Satta shop (Address: Jatujak Weekend Market, Section 22, Soi 30/2, Room 303 and 304) which sell hand design T-shirts. The design are quite creative and unique. On top of these, the T-shirts are not expensive. My mom bought 5 T-shirts while I bought 2 and my sis bought 1. The guy owner is very patient when serving us, he searched for the size of the T-shirt that we wanted and even though we change our mind on the design, he never show his displeasure at all. I must really applaud his service.
Creative T-shirts

After shopping continously for almost 3hrs, my left foot couldnt take it and I told my sis that I wanted to go back but my sis still wants to continue. 0_0" In the end, we compromised and she continue while my mom and I take a rest at Cubie Ice. I ordered Green Tea delight which cost THB39 ~ S$1.70. OMG, the shave ice is so fine that you don't feel that you are eating ice at all.

Cubie ice
Location of cubie ice
Green tea delight

My sis return after 1/2hr and we left Chatuchak market at around 5plus.
Peaceful demostration?

I decided to go for Thai massage as my legs are tired after a day of shopping. When we reached Sala Daeng BTS station, my mom went back to the hotel while my sis and I went to Ruen-Nuad Massage Studio (Address: 42 Soi Convent, Silom Bangkok 10500, Tel: +66 (0)2 632 2662, Opening hours: 10am - 10pm, Direction: BTS Sala Daeng Exit 2, walk straight turn left into Soi Convent, walk straight until BNH Hospitalwhich is located almost across)

We chose 1hr massage (THB350 ~ S$15) as by the time we finish our massage, it will be 7plus. I would highly recommend Ruen-Nuad as I always feel relax after the massage, even my sis commented that it's good.

On the way back to the hotel, we bought A&W for dinner and kway teow for my mom.
A&W
My shopping spree

No comments: